IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - PD installation with motion sensors concept.
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
SUN of IRA
Soundwave Mangler
SUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant future
Manchester
MC Status: 1560
Re: PD installation with motion sensors concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar Joe View Post
Bollox to the kinect, go way easier. Webcam from above, pix_movement or pix_background. Like Scyn mentioned, though, pressure sensors on the floor would work. piezo elements are cheap and will do it for you. Infrared cameras on the wall if you wanted to spend more money.

The problem, then, is making all of your input usable and not just bleepy bloopy sounds, unless you want bleepy bloopy sounds.
pressure sensors was my initial idea like maybe using an enormous dance mat but again, I was unsure of how I would implement it. Fuck yeah, webcam would work and I could test that easily at home too. I will look in to that, thanks. I'm not thinking bleepy, I was initially thinking drone as I don't want it to be overbearing especially as I plan to set it up eventually alongside a friend's visual art exhibit. So I could have movements changing levels of harmonic overtones, FM rates/depths etc.

@Nyul I have had a brief look at the arduino and it is definitely something I will spend a bit more time delving into. My electronics skills are not great but I can get by so something like this may be doable with a bit of practice.

------------------
SUN of IRA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote