IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Any tips/preferences when mixing in mono?
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 27110
Any tips/preferences when mixing in mono?

I accidentally did my first mix down in mono last month. I turned it on to check, saved, left, forgot I had it on and did my whole mix that way when I came back, then only turned it off when I was printing the mix to go and master it. I was really happy with the results, ended up doing it for a few more projects since then. But, I find it doesn't help that much with some projects.

Is there certain times you find it more helpful than others? Do you only mixdown in mono when you're aiming for a certain sound? I guess I'm just curious what your thoughts and processes are when it comes to this sort of thing.

Advertisements

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote