IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - How do I arrange the tune?
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #2
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 710
Re: "How Do I The Tune?"

Like you said, this is a long topic, and there could be hundreds of factors that make melody good or bad, but I did have an interesting idea I did want to bring into the mix.

First off, I've never heard the term call or call back before but I can imagine that it's like the "question" and "answer" in opposing parts of a melody (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Anyway, one thing I wanted to bring up is that another very important part of what makes melody "pleasing" is using pauses. Both on paper and in reality, the use of pauses is great for building up and delaying expectation in preparation for a more pleasing resolution or continuation of the tune.

Anyway, if you have any more you want to add, or any objections, I'd be pleased to talk more about it.
Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote