IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - From Live to Studio One?
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2015, 11:43 AM   #1
Schnork
Deep Underground
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 13110
From Live to Studio One?

Although Iīve been using Ableton Live since version 4, which is like ten years, I really want to change now. Especially Midi editing and Automation do not fulfill my needs in terms of precise micro editing anymore. So I took a look at Presonus Studio One - I can have Automation tracks in which I can choose from different geometric shapes to draw Automation (In Live I canīt do that) what I really like. I can render in place (In Live I canīt) - Also the basic audio editing capabilities offer a little more than Live does. Basically the Piano Roll is much more flexible and powerful than the one in Live.

Iīve changed my workflow in Live last year, working mainly in the Arrangement View - Liveīs Session View was my main reason to choose it ten years ago as DAW and to stick with it.

I just wanted to ask you guys if there are any major disadvantages with Studio One compared to Live and other DAWs, some things you canīt do in Studio One or things Iīll miss when coming from Live?

Last edited by Schnork; 17-05-2015 at 12:39 PM..

Advertisements

Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote