IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What's the difference between chillwave and chillstep?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 03:46 AM   #9
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Re: What's the difference between chillwave and chillstep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIOtAPEstry View Post
As for 'EDM' well.... this bothers me the most as EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music. Really? Electronic dance music is a bit vague don't you think?? So that covers anything release for music made on a computer that happened in the last 30years? Great googlymoogly.
I dislike the term "EDM", or at least I used to. Not because of what it meant but because of the people associated with it. As Relic said, EDM is the perfect description of general dance music because it means what it means. But the people who often use the most are the same people who called any electronic music "Techno". Plus, it's often associated with the bro, Avicii, Steve Aoki scene, which I'm not a fan of.

I'm such a fucking douche.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Narukami Music
relic (02-09-2016)