IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What's the difference between chillwave and chillstep?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 AM   #6
bIOtAPEstry
Microknight
bIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to all
Sydney
MC Status: 610
Re: What's the difference between chillwave and chillstep?

Chill step.... Chillwave... EDM ..... Trap.....

None of these are genres really.

Some cool kids on the scene (that don't really understand music properly yet ) have a track that gets a bit popular in their scene. so they put 'chill wave'.... or 'EDM' or 'Trap' for the genre tittle on soundcloud. All of a sudden a new 'genre' of music is born overnight. Purely because soundcloud gives us the option to right out own genres with our tracks.

I like the idea of having custom genres. Although it seems to of giving some producers the illusion that they have been the pioneer behind whole new genre and movement of music.

This is nonsense of course. chill step is just a trendy name for ambient dubstep. Every 'Trap' song I herd had the same drop and in its essence is just an unfinished dubstep song where they forgot to put all the mids in the mix. just subs and kicks mainly using the same formula again and again.

As for 'EDM' well.... this bothers me the most as EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music. Really? Electronic dance music is a bit vague don't you think?? So that covers anything release for music made on a computer that happened in the last 30years? Great googlymoogly.

All this proves is that most of the left brain right wing brown noses that work in the whore we call the music industry have no fucking idea about music what so ever.

Renaming a genre isn't really creating a new style of music.

My next release is going to be genre titled: Psychedelic Nano Doom Fusion

Thoughts?

------------------
Please like my Facebook page!!
https://www.facebook.com/nomadicjurassic
bIOtAPEstry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote