IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Reaktor Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, etc...
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #21
simioliolio
simioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MCsimioliolio is a savage MC
south london
MC Status: 172301
Re: Reaktor Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, etc...

@spectre

reaktor is a very flexible programming environment. in reaktor 5, the introduction of arrays in core are extremely versatile. you would have to program a patch which will accept incoming audio and write it into an array (like a lookup table), then when you perform a stop action, incoming audio is not written into the array, but the array is played from the beginning. for recording, you use a clock which counts up from 1 to n, where n=number of samples in your loop, and feed this to a 'write 'module that sets the writting position for the array, and applies the present sample value to that position, then when you hit "stop", this same (or similar) clock can be applied to a 'read' module, and the array will be read in the same way as it was recorded. this can be easily looped, and then you can use a duplicate of this setup to record other loops, except this time the length of the loop is triggered by the original looper, to keep everything in sync.
it is also not difficult to create a 'beat clock', where everything can be sync'ed to a bpm. In the reaktor documentation, there is a great tutorial that explains the function of arrays very well, and it works through the steps for making an audio delay by writting incoming audio, and offsetting the read process by a certain amount.
This is most likely to make little sense to you now, but it is definitely possible to ceate your won looping environment as long as you have the time and patience to learn reaktor fundamentals, extra patience to understand why it isnt doing what you are telling it to do (!), and commitment to reach a goal. This would actually make a very good introductary project for a new reaktor programmer, and once you have a general understanding, the number of sample manipulation possibilities will be endless!
i will be making a looper for a patch i am working on soon, and if I am not hurried, i could make a tutorial for it.

Advertisements

simioliolio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: madlib