IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Who here uses cheap gear to produce their music?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #18
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080164
Thanked 1,230 Times in 830 Posts
Re: Who hear uses cheap gear to produce their music?

i bought a bunch of expensive gear in 2015 and sold it all in 2016. i thought using abletons push would help with producing on the fly, and at first it did (see the "defining gear" thread). but i think its a trap. automatically scaling makes playing notes way too easy and i lost all my abilities to play on a normal keyboard. it messed with my head. so, i am back to my original gear: a cme master keyboard which occasionally bugs out; my lovely bcr 2000, and a few other really low-proced controllers. ah, and my bass. i even switched back to my old laptop and sold the computer i bought in 15. helps reduce the amount i spend with games too, since everything has become very slooooooooow. its good that way, producing has become the magic thing from before again since results are much less foreseeable at times.

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote