IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - How to gain more popularity?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #19
Toothpinch
Radial Developer
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1960
Re: How to gain more popularity?

Popularity comes from promoting. Advertising. Talking to people. Making connections.
The top artists on Soundcloud are sub-par rappers. Did they get big replays by sitting on their hands?
Nope.
They bought plays, talked to people and acted bigger than they were to the right people.

"Get gud" is only part of it.. you gotta hustle hustle hustle.

You're only following 1 person on Soundcloud..
Not going to get anywhere in isolation.

As for me? Am I really one to give advice? Only because I've been Googling the same thing and getting the same answers as above. And it's been working (be as it may)
I'm far from a superstar - but I've been getting much more traffic as of late and it's pretty nice.

Last thing - case in point - you at least got a few of us to listen to your songs just because of this post.

----

Last last thing.. Being social to other artists / fans is great too - I've made new friends and feel like it's more than "just making music and trying to get heard".
I talk to people all over the world now and it's expanded my feeling of just being a bedroom musician to something bigger.

So, I'll give you a follow - and you follow me back.
That'll be one more connection.

Last edited by Toothpinch; 12-11-2017 at 02:57 PM..

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Toothpinch
A.M (12-11-2017)