IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - How to gain more popularity?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 12:59 AM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8560080
Thanked 7,383 Times in 5,220 Posts
Re: How to gain more popularity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexagon View Post
Agree with everything above.

Will also add this. You are only following one other user on both HearThis.at and Soundcloud. Unless you engage with other people no-one will know you exist.
I'm not getting on the OP's case here, but I think this is reflective of a lot of bedroom producers. I used to believe this way as well--that one could just passively generate a fan base by uploading listenable music. Given what even free digital tools seem to promise, it seems possible. But the reality is the artist has to break the ice. There is a lot of noise in the average first, world Westernized mind.

The only way to maybe go about a legitimately passive route is to have fantastic music and and pay for it to be on Spotify.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks