IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Help ! Laptop For Ableton
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 09:51 PM   #2
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 75274
Thanked 1,254 Times in 775 Posts
Re: Help ! Laptop For Ableton

Any of these will run Ableton just fine. I'm unsure about the "10%" comment? Your sentences kinda blend together a bit

2017 was like 2 months ago so it's ok, slowwwww down here. I still have a windows tower I have been running for over five years, works just fine.

I've used both, I prefer Apple, but that's based on my workflow. Mostly aesthetic. Windows is great as well. But, I find the investment in Mac to be far better just in case I ever want to get rid of the computer itself. Windows can be a lot more clunky with add-ons and that sort of thing, but again, that's personal opinion, and I'm sure if you work hard enough at it you could strip the OS down to only what you want. They lost me when they started giving me a hard time with mandatory updates.

As far as the 256g question, grab an external?

Your main concern is performance for running Ableton. You'll be fine either way. This is not revolutionary software these days.

Good luck on turning pro, shoot for the stars

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote