IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Curious about the DAW's role in production
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110150
Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,413 Posts
Re: Curious about the SAW's role in production

- Do you owe anything to the company giving you Fruity Loops ?
Nope

- Do you owe anything to the companies you got some VSTs from ?
Nope

- Is there any control authority that come and confirm you Fruity Loops is legit and not a cracked version ?
I've heard some rumours that maybe there are, but it seems unlikely and I don't really care enough to research this.

- Who here works exclusively with legit softwares ? Personnally I use LMMS because it is free, but a frien of mine also gave me an unlegit Fruity Loops.
Many many people use only legit paid and free software, especially now that you have DAWs like Reaper available and so many good freeware vsts out there.

Also to develop about differences between DAWs.

Why would you choose a GarageBand over an Ableton over a Fruity Loops over?
The differences could be about (in my unexperimented mind) : GUI more or less clear end enjoyable, technical capacities, compatible VSTs, price, quality of built-in samples and presets (but now we find samples and presets everywhere).
This is often just due to preference and exposure. I use reason mostly because I'm used to it.

Edit : Well my in my title is SAW instead of DAW, sorry I cannot change it.
Saws are pretty important too. That have a very bright sound - lots of harmonics!

Last edited by Oatbag; 25-08-2017 at 06:30 PM..
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote