IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - 60Hz Undergrownd Release Hype July 15, 2017
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017, 08:14 PM   #16
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9860
Re: 60Hz Undergrownd Release Hype July 15, 2017

So I thought I'd write a line or two on everyone's track (bar mine - derp) whilst I was listening to the compilation. I'm no critique expert I just picked out what I liked best:

1: Mysta Fx - The subtle vocal shots, chilled ambience, lovely dub vibes, punchy leads and tight percussion make for a great journey in this epic comedown... Awesome exploratory moods that will have your mind dancing

2: Nuerealsphare - Yawn

3: Z-Dive - This reminds me of really early dubstep, the vocals, the darkness of the track, that slappy sub, broken beats and experimental fx breakdowns.

4: In the A.M. - I love all the vocal shots you've used in this bludclaart! Very nostalgic sound, I think that's the most squelchy bass I've heard in a long while.

5: Concrete - That kick beat youve got going really pushes this track along, love all the tension created in this track with that glassy synth and the delay use in breakdowns. Sub is hitting some really deep levels, very intersting track!

6: Metaside - This is mental. Glitching in and out of deep nasty bass, heavy beats, dreamy ambience unrelentingly. Huge impact and tons of variance makes this a great listen. Awesome stuff!

7: Automageddon - Apocalyptic beginning gives way to some DEEP sub and sparse dungeon style beats. The restraint and space in this track find peace in tastefully used ambience. Definitely got some oldschool dubstep vibes from this!

8: DJ Oxygen - Cool breakbeat, funky style... Had to employ other means of hearing that sub bass, it's that low. Damn...

9: Qianta - Great bass work warping here there and everywhere, filthy vocal sample, solid half beat structure and fx shots throughout. Waiting for the VIP Mix!

10: White Noise - Steady euphoric track, the variation in synth work compliments the droning bass you repeat through the track. Some great impactful moments, very catchy.

11: Mr. Clever Man - The percussion is on point in this track great variance, that broken shuffle and gentle sway to the rides/open hats with that moaning bassline line, the higher notes putting a slight zen feel on the whole track. Tasty.

12: Mysta Fx - Some great soundscaping going on in this bouncy track. The delays pull you in and push you around a space that's constantly evolving and changing in mood. Catchy and well arranged.

13: Neuaeaeuauralspheare - Could do with a wash

14: In the A.M. - Mesmerising ambience, the percussive elements compliment the mystic and that bass is hitting all the right spots. Love this minimal style, the subtle dub effects, the staggered beats are all very well detailed and arranged in this.

15: Z-Dive - Dank and disturbing, some really dark elements in this track being cleverly manipulated, good use of reverb encases the listener in a spooky realm of bass.

16: DJ Oxygen - Clever mix of a variety of elements the dubstep genre has utilised over the years. Catchy beat structure, chords and vocals, lush delays and clever gating make this track very identifiable within the bass genre. Good vibes throughout.

This should all be listened to whilst blazed out of your face... Just so you're aware how I derived this information.

Last edited by Neuralsphere; 15-07-2017 at 08:21 PM..

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote