IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Backups
Thread: Backups
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts
Re: Backups

I use a combination of external drives and the online service offered by CrashPlan.com, which is OK for $5.99 per month. Their software runs in the background and automatically backs up your chosen files and/or folders to wherever you want to back up to.

That said, I started using their services, which is solid enough, but it was only meant to be a stop-gap until I set my own backup system in place..but I never got around to doing it..must do that, as there's really no need to be paying somebody else to handle your backups in this day and age.

As for what I back up..well, I have a complete fresh system drive image file that is stored both locally and online, as well as my email folder, all my paid software and plugins and all projects and related audio files.

The current total size is 79,625 files, which brings the total data backed up to 709.2 GB.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote