IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Backups
Thread: Backups
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21010
Re: Backups

Thanks for the reminder, I use dropbox to back up my project files only (not enough room for audio for free) and keep the audio and projects on an external hard drive, but it's not automated and I haven't done it since the holidays. I lost my whole laptop a few months back, and luckily had backed up the night before it gave out on me. It took me a bit to get all my software onto a new machine and get everything to play nice again (seriously, that took a week), but once I did, I was able to pick up where I left off except for a few niche plugins I didn't keep the installers backed up for that I can't find anymore. No big deal, I have new replacements for all of them, just some old projects that have to be modified with the new plugins when I load them up. So, moral of the story, keep the installers or the .dlls around for your plugins, especially if they're coming from a small company, because if they lose their hosting or a new version comes along and they just wipe the old one from existence, good luck getting them back.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
Artificer (21-01-2017)