IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Backups
Thread: Backups
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2017, 06:12 AM   #1
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 33110
Backups

A friendly reminder that if you're making music on a computer you should be backing up your work. Don't be that fool that loses hard work to a single drive failure. Backup early, backup often. And automate your backups so you don't forget. If you're already backing (dat azz) up, good on you. Be sure to verify your backups from time to time - there's nothing worse than a drive crash only to find out your backups are bad.

I'd love to hear what people are using for on and offsite backups, and if anyone has an novel solutions or particular problems. If anyone would like help getting backups set up, say something. I'd be happy to help, as would others I expect. It doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. In this day and age there's very little reason for data loss. Don't let your art be a casualty.

Advertisements

Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: The sound of a million hard drives screaming in pain...and then silence