IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - how do I make the ableton sessiondry kit sound real?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 03:41 AM   #1
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20510
how do I make the ableton sessiondry kit sound real?

I have a very simple problem, I can't afford a drumkit and ableton has prerecorded a drumrack with acoustic drum samples, but when I put together soft rock drum patterns, it sounds just like that, a drum pattern, I want it to sound like a real drummer, some people have recommended velocity and slight shifts in time, that helps a little, but there's also the problem with the samples, nothing sounds right, and there's this reverb on some of them that is in the recording, it's frustrating, I've tried eqing it, but that doesn't work well as I suck at eq, I want it to sound tight and tuned, I don't want that reverb all over it, any suggestions?

Advertisements

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote