IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Can not automate re fx nexus 2 delay
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #10
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 25110
Re: Can not automate re fx nexus 2 delay

In my case, I was crossfading between two types of distorition, but yes, I can see how that wouldn't work for delay time.

New idea, clone the instrument a BUNCH of times, set the delay time different on each one and do routing the same for each. Then create volume automation clips for each one, crossfading between all of them.

More seriously, have you considered just running the synth dry and using a different delay in the mixer effects? I don't know if the Nexus delay can do anything super special that other delays couldn't or if there's some other reason you want the use the built in delay, but if not, then why not bypass the issue?

EDIT: Just re-read the OP, I see now this has a particular effect you like on the sound. And likely, my mega crossfade idea wouldn't leave that effect intact either. I'd take a look at the IL website and forums, maybe someone there has figured this out or it's in their extensive online manual.
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote