IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Question about using Facebook as an artist
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #4
Flexagon
Regular Freak
Flexagon is a glorious beacon of lightFlexagon is a glorious beacon of lightFlexagon is a glorious beacon of lightFlexagon is a glorious beacon of lightFlexagon is a glorious beacon of lightFlexagon is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: Question about using Facebook as an artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Antlers View Post
Thanks so much. Just to clear this up, to join a group and interact, that would be done as my personal profile (with my "real" name) However on pages I can comment as my artist page name?
Correct

Quote:
When is it that I get the option to choose?
It's obvious when you have the option. I either run or am an Admin for half a dozen pages and I just get a little pop-up menu of who I want to post as. I don't have enough posts on IDM to upload a screenshot of this however.

Quote:
If I comment on another artists profile, does that count as a page where I can comment as my artist name?
Correct, pages can comment on pages!

Quote:
Sorry for sounding like such a newbie to social media, I kinda am!
No worries

All the above is my understanding of how things are on FB at the moment and for my account based in the UK.............Different parts of the world have different features available sometimes and they change the available features often too!

For interaction bear in mind that a page admin can turn different ways of publicly posting on their page and off as well.................. so you won't necessarily be able to leave a comment to your favourite artist, but on most pages you will.

When you have your own account you'll see the options for yourself
Flexagon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Flexagon
Black-Antlers (10-08-2017)