IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - MS Surface Laptop: Got Gaming lappy Instead
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2017, 11:44 PM   #12
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 33160
Re: Microsoft Surface Laptop

Roo, you never really specified what you were looking to get out of a Surface, tablet, laptop or whatever. Are you wanting to produce/perform music with it, or just a daily driver (email, youtube, etc) sort of deal?

We've got a couple of the new Surfaces as beta testers around the office. I haven't gotten a turn in the barrel with one but I can poke at it a bit if you need info. The folks that have been using them seem to like them ok though I don't remember anyone being over the moon about them. Apparently they don't get as hot as the old ones. They sent us pens but I don't think they come stock anymore (which is kind of a bummer). No USB-C on ours, don't if they're shipping with it or not. Everything we might use is USB 2 so it wasn't a deal breaker on our end, might be different if you're looking at longer term interface upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
youll be wasting your money go for either asus or dell
I'd call every last Asus an absolute consumer grade piece of trash that isn't worth setting my coffee on much less trying to do anything with. Same for everything Dell outside of their business class. But then again we probably use our laptops for very different things. Horses for courses and all that. There's a myriad of ways to define 'wasting' money.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Artificer
A.M (24-05-2017)