IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - IDMf047: VA - Standing, Wave **OUT NOW**
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #9
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541177
Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,319 Posts
Re: IDMf047: VA - Standing, Wave **OUT NOW**

On a serious note.

Mastering compilations is typically a challenge. You have 10-15 different artist with different mixing styles, genres, recording setups. I've done some int he past that have made me want to punch kittens (a 2 CD remix compilation of industrial artists for Metropolis Records is a nightmare... just.. dont go there)

This one wasn't like that. The quality of the pre-masters made this really enjoyable, there was no major fixing that needed to be done and there was only one track that needed a little "extra love" to get sounding consistent with the rest of the tunes. While the track content in this comp IS varied, the quality of the tunes made it an easy endeavor.

I spend some time poking around in the listening booth here and there. now have some new people to keep an eye out for.

(:

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote