IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Philosophy: Should you write music that you like or what you think others would like?
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #6
soundmodel
Microknight
soundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant future
Finland
MC Status: 1810
Re: Philosophy: Should you write music that you like or what you think others would l

I believe that other people have to validate your art in order for it to be good art.

Otherwise everyone could claim their art "good art" and be fine with it.

But then "good art" would mean nothing, because everyone would have it.

I desire that one day I could create music that's admired as much as the artists that I idolize (e.g. Aphex Twin). Even if some of them don't really care what others think of their music. I still think it's a "confirmation" that you're doing something worthwhile. After all, music is meant to be enjoyed.

------------------
soundmodel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote