IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Front 242, Nitzer Ebb other bands?
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
bailey delta
Minor Glitch
bailey delta has a spectacular aura aboutbailey delta has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphexbeats View Post
<3 <3 all of those bands! I'm going to a Skinny Puppy concert next month and I cannot wait! I get to see my industrial idols for the first time!! My favorite bands for EBM/Industrial are: Skinny Puppy, Dead When I found her, Nin, KMFDM, VNV Nation, Assemblage 23, Apoptygma Berzerk (Their earlier material) Front Line assembly, Front 242 (Only own two albums and they are on vinyl), and many, many more...I have 8k songs in my library, and there has to be at least 3,000 songs that are industrial. If you are looking into a great podcast on industrial music, check out ISN, this guy has been doing this for over 20 years. He has new music and old - a Toronto legened IMO. I could talk for hours about industrial...
You have given me some names from the past here. I will have a bit of listening to do. Enjoy the concert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDIF View Post
Aphexbeats has some great suggestions for you.

I've been listening to this sort of thing since 1987, so if you have more questions he didn't cover, feel free.
Very rich territory.
Similar sort of time I have been listening to that sort of thing. Good old days

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post

Also, pursuant to the bands you have already listed, maybe check out Frontline Assembly, Laibach, And One, and Leaether Strip.
Not heard of leather strip or laibach will give it a go and get back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0lem View Post
A few more suggestions,
Newer wave EBM: Youth Code, Blush Response.
Industrial-inspired IDM: Pretty much anything coming out of the labels Signifier, and Tympanik.
will give it a go

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis View Post
Check out anything off the Play it Again Sam label during the early 1990s.

Also - Bigod 20, Boxcar, Cabaret Voltaire, Severed Heads.
will have a look thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm23 View Post
Nitzer Ebb has some great tracks.
Have to check them out again.
Forgotten about that for a while.
Yeah I had forgotten them for a long time until I heard an old track and it reminded me how good they sounded

Thanks for all the posts and info. I will check it all out.

Last edited by lolirl; 31-01-2014 at 05:45 PM..
bailey delta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote