IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Korg R3 vs Miniak
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2017, 08:45 PM   #1
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO
MC Status: 5660
Korg R3 vs Miniak

Im looking for a synth under $300 and my research points to the the MiniAK or the R3 as being close to what I want. I'm looking to get more into creating my own patches/editing presets and depending less on stock presets (though I'm not against using them). I also use step sequencing a lot, so I need a synth with a decent sequencer.

As I understand the MiniAK is a pain to edit and the vocoder isn't as good as the R3 but it sounds better. I'm not a huge fan of the Korg sound but I can work with it. I did like what I've heard of the miniak. Both have sequencers.

Anyone here have any experience with or a preference of the 2?
Are there other options I'm overlooking that would be a good fit?

Advertisements

------------------
Anybody can be good at something but it takes real effort to suck as bad as I do.
oDDgOD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote