IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Constraints in music making to push creativity
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 05:15 AM   #12
logic7
Soundscaper
logic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond repute
someplace else
MC Status: 3528
Re: Constraints in music making to push creativity

This is part of the reason I want to go back to old hardware synths. When I think about my output now with FL Studio and a gang of plugins, versus my hardware rig at various stages, I gotta say the hardware's limitations pushed me to be more creative in the way I made music. With goo gobs of plugins it's easy to get overwhelmed with choices. Limiting yourself to hardware forces you to work within the constraints of that particular piece and having to augment it with another piece of hardware when you've exhausted all other options.
logic7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote