IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What's the best production tip(s) you've learned/discovered so far?
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #20
Neal Rame
Knob Twiddler
Neal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond reputeNeal Rame has a reputation beyond repute
in the SoA clubhouse
MC Status: 2360
Re: What's the best production tip(s) you've learned/discovered so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Well without hearing the two tracks I'd say it's most likely due to mastering.See my previous post edit.
Heh, if @Benwaa can somehow magically transform my waveform from something like the top one in the pic to somehow even remotely resembling something like the bottom one, I would gladly pay him way more than his regular fee for mastering is. Anyhow, I doubt it has all to do with mastering, I still think proper mixing and EQing while still composing a track is still vital to a track's perceived quality. The thing is, a user that has to raise his amp/headphone/computer volume to properly hear a track and then drastically lower it when the next one in his playlist/clicklist hits, it's bad. It probably unconsciously lets him know that ok, that track was "bad".
Neal Rame is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote