IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Where would I start with modular synthesis?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #5
Roland_Abuser
Radial Developer
Roland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to beholdRoland_Abuser is a splendid one to behold
Good `Ol Yorkshire
MC Status: 760
Re: Where would I start with modular synthesis?

Not sure if you mean that you want to actually want to buy a full modular hardware beast or just try and learn what modular is all about and give things a try so apologise if this isn't relevant. In case it is, ill post it anyways....

I was in a similar position not long ago. I had learnt bits about synthesis but my goto had always been 303 emulations. When it came to non 303 type synthesis, modular for some reason got me interested. I did some research and bought KarmaFX vst. For a simple piece of software, the amount of routing, modulation and most importantly learning that you can do is amazing (and very accessible). Now im glad i chose to learn with something modular rather than a standard subtractive vst and am craving modular hardware!
Roland_Abuser is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote