IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - A blog on SuperCollider and Processing experiments
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Bairkan
Banned
Bairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improve
molest me, senpai
MC Status: -2147475747
Re: A blog on SuperCollider and Processing experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertia View Post
Hey man, I am really getting interested in Supercollider, I was looking around for some good books to learn from. I really like the possibilities for generative music and live-coding (like you showed in this thread).
And I am probably going to buy the Supercollider book in the near future

Anyway, how did you start out? Any tips or sources where I can find some good starting advice? It seems there isn't that much online and part of it is a little outdated (or so it seems).
Cheers
Even though I came from a conventional, text based programming background I still have a hard time getting to grips with the whole Supercollider business, I much prefer Pure Data since I feel like I can get the same results a lot faster, but to start with Supercollider there are some great resources on this page: http://supercollider.sourceforge.net/learning/
Bairkan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote