IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Soundcard A/D converters quality ? Focusrite / MOTU / RME
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8560130
Thanked 7,384 Times in 5,221 Posts
Re: Soundcard A/D converters quality ? Focusrite / MOTU / RME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Make sure that if you go with motu that you either are aware they use firewire ports, or get the hybrid version which has both firewire and usb. Being a windows 10 user and having a motherboard with no firewire port, I had to figure out the hard way that some stuff doesn't agree with each other. Currently thinking about the 828 mk iii hybrid as an upgrade from a profire 610 which has legacy drivers and isn't always happy with WIN10.
Aren't all the new ones USB only or all hybrid?

I'm using an older firewire version and I've had no issues in Windows 7 or 10. I installed a PCI fireware card into my dekstop to use the MOTU. No issues. I did find out that a particular firewire chip set (Texas Instruments) is less buggy. It was easy enough to get a TI PCI Firewire card. Plug n play. Easy peasy.

I just don't seem to run into compatability issues on anything. Ever. Knock on wood.
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote