IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Soundcard A/D converters quality ? Focusrite / MOTU / RME
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8559980
Thanked 7,381 Times in 5,218 Posts
Re: Soundcard A/D converters quality ? Focusrite / MOTU / RME

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky one View Post
Thanks relic!

I guess that if you are happy with a MOTU 828 MKII, I could be too. I just have to check if the Ultralite AVB is comparable to a 828 MKII...
My 828 is practically ancient in the world of music gear. I'm sure if you are looking into a brand new Ultralite the sound quality on the Ultralite is the same if not better. The pres on the 828 have plenty of headroom, no decetable noise and don't color the signal. Workhorse pres for sure. The line level inputs are just as clean. MOTU's tend to come feature packed as well. Both MOTU products I own came at a great price used and features-wise are overkill for my simple setup. However, the fact is the always do what they say on the packaging and are rock solid.

While I've not owned many audio-midi interfaces, MOTU have made a life long customer out of me. If I upgrade and can't daisy chain my 828 to the new interface for more inputs, I'm still going to keep it as it makes a really nice line mixer or monitor switch as the 828 works stand alone.
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
lucky one (10-03-2017)