IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - where do I learn better synthesis?
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2016, 05:31 AM   #5
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7237779
Re: where do I learn better synthesis?

The key really is to experiment. Also narrow your focus: Synthesis is a diverse field, and whether you want to make trance/EDM sounds or Morton Subotnick-esque bleepbloops, the approach will differ. Try to choose what you want to learn first, and chances are you'll get experience that can be applied elsewhere as well. Beyond that, having a platform to test things, such as Max or Reaktor really helps to understand what goes on, and how to utilize it.

I personally don't really like the Analog synth from Ableton/AAS. It just.. Does not sound particularly good, and does not have a great feature set either. Operator is, for just about all purposes, better. Analog does decent enough supersaws, I guess.

Last edited by Jaded; 25-04-2016 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: Deleting quoted post which I deleted ;)

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote