IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - The One Day Challenge - Create a track from start to finish in one day
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik
MC Status: 1662
The One Day Challenge - Create a track from start to finish in one day

The One Day Challenge - Create a track from start to finish in one day.

This Saturday I plan to do what I call "The one day challenge". I thought it would be a cool idea to post this thread in that it might inspire others to do so too.

This is not an official competition, there will be no judges, no prizes.

What is the purpose of this challenge? Being time constrained helps you practice being concise and not waste time, quickly tossing away things that don't work, stops the endless tweaking and stops you from zoning in to surrealistic sound design on sounds that have little chance of actually being of used. This challenge helps you see where you stand and which areas of production you are least confident in and need improvement. A lot of people have the problem of starting a project and never finishing it leaving a trail of unfinished tracks so this might help you train the skill of finishing a track.

Rules: The only rule is to make the track from start to finish, including mixing, in one day. If you have any other uncertainties just judge for yourself and make your own decision on what this challenge means to you. There is no genre limit,you can make anything from IDM and ambience to brostep and pop music, even xNOISEx can post his 5 mins of white noise if that's what he chooses to do xD.

There are no other time constraints, you don't have to wait until Saturday (the day I chose for my challenge) to do this and there is no deadline either.

Please note that the purpose of this thread is not for you to receive validation or recognition for your "cool swagger tracks" and not a place to increase your soundcloud fanbase either. This is first and foremost to train your own skills and second to see the interesting things people make in this time constrain.

Personally I plan to give the track I make in this challenge away for free (unless it sucks ass xD ) to help relieve the stress of "I must make this track good enough to make it to my new EP" and other seriousness. I also plan to do more of these challenges in the future but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I think I covered it all, so without further ado; let the games begin.

Advertisements

------------------
leftfoot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to leftfoot
lolirl (06-01-2013)