IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - 24/96 Masters
Thread: 24/96 Masters
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2017, 06:46 AM   #4
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 28310
Re: 24/96 Masters

Random Access Memories was released in "HD Audio" (I think that's the term for anything greater than CD quality). There's also really good remasters of a lot of classic albums. Led Zeppelin and The Doors are two of the better ones that jump to mind (with The Doors also getting SACD releases converted to PCM HD Audio).

I think HD Audio can be better because it allows you to move the input filtering on the recording side completely out of any reasonable audio range, which means you don't have any high-frequency rolloff from the filter. The second thing (especially for electronic instruments) is that anything that does get through the input filter and cause aliasing is more likely to keep the aliasing out of the audio band as well, which helps the intended music come through a bit clearer. But I think a lot of it is just the unique care that goes into the production of something you're going to release at that higher level. Same reason I use to explain the difference between vinyl and other mediums.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
envelope3 (01-07-2017)