IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Adobe DAW? Adobe Audition
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
SUN of IRA
Soundwave Mangler
SUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant future
Manchester
MC Status: 1610
Re: Adobe DAW? Adobe Audition

I think that an answer to this question depends entirely on how you intend to work. I f you are cutting up audio on the timeline then something like Reaper is perfect (or even Audition). If your doing a lot of midi stuff with VSTis and the like, then Live may be the better choice. Maybe even a tracker would suit the way you want to work.

As a hobbyist though, there would be no way on earth that I would drop the best part of 500 quid on Live/Cubase etc. Dig in to what you have got and see if you can make a tune. If not, you haven't lost anything but it might make you realise how you want to make tunes. Then it is a case of demoing software until you find something that fits.

------------------
SUN of IRA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote