IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - HARMONY COURSE: Propagation Waves Hello!
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2017, 08:22 AM   #2
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 27110
Re: HARMONY COURSE: Propagation Waves Hello!

Thanks for including the tool, I'm looking forward to messing about with that!

A while back, out of curiosity, I set the ratio for an operator in an FM synth to the golden ratio and sent operator one and two through separate outs without any FM just to see what that interval would sound like. I played a C and operator two came out remarkably close to a G note (within a few hertz when C was 4-something or other). So it turns out part of the reason the 5th is so dang pleasing is that it's very close (probably the closest of any note) to the golden ratio multiplied by the tonic. So I kind of expected this to be all about 5ths, but it's cool (and helpful) to come at the math in a way that lets us see what other ratios are pleasing.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote