IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Mastering
Thread: Mastering
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #20
phile
-Star Wars Minja-
phile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MCphile is a savage MC
NYC
MC Status: 42198
Re: Mastering

well depends on what you mean by pro's -- if it's somewhere in an established area -- sure (like US or UK) but back home(and yes I mean Serbia too) ... the "pro"'s will be using the same software as you, same monitors as you (if not worse) and just .... selecting presets.... I know for sure about Bulgaria (and as far as I know it's not much different in your neck of the woods) that there is not a single good mastering studio... A couple of places have boxes that will help but the people using them are just "preset Selecta"'s.... So it's very subjective what is a "pro" and what not when talking about developing countries (YES, I do consider all those ex-eastern block as developing in the area of audio engineering... if not just plain "third world" :-P ) .... The word "Pro" only means that this is what is paying the bills, not that they know what they are doing ) ... Now, you'd want somebody else to master your stuff not because they have the "Pro" gear (and trust me in the more established countries you still have amazing setups wwith people who only know how to smash the sh*t out of program material), but rather becuase you trust their work in the genre you're in... and because !!!!!!!!!!!!! they are not emotionally involved with the track as you are and can make sound judgements that you can trust .... jsut a couple of thought son the matter...
phile is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote