IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Mastering
Thread: Mastering
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #16
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts
Re: Mastering

Mastering is fun, and to me is a part of the whole creative chain that involves making music. I'm finally starting to get a hang of it. Studied soundengineering for a year in 1998 at a great school with lots of hours "hands-on" with talented teachers. Still, have been learning new things ever since. EQs, multiband-compressors, exciters, stereo enhancers, etc etc. I've seen the scary evolution though, the loudness war:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

I try to think "less is more" while mastering, but with all the goodies out there it's hard. I use Izotope Ozone, Waves EQs, Endorphin, Sonalksis plugs, Elemental audio plugs, Spectrum analysis programs. I also use analog gear like Aphex Aural Exciter and an old taperecorder to get that tape saturation.

Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote