IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Making Softsynth Sounds vs Using HW Keyboard Presets (Nord Electro)
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:37 AM   #12
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 19460
Re: Making Softsynth Sounds vs Using HW Keyboard Presets (Nord Electro)

It depends on you.
I've owned a lot of hardware and software. Ultimately I find myself favoring hardware due to the immediacy of it over software. There is also a sweet spot you get in hardware that takes longer to get in software, and for things like drums I always prefer hardware if I have the option.

I bought tons of 70s, 80s, and synth wave presets hoping to find in digital what I got from hardware. Yes I think analog sounds better, but I am not also think digital has its place. I'd rather work on digital hardware than software. These things will be up to you in your musical journey, but I'd say find the sound you like and stick with it.

Dive deep into genres you like, sounds you like, and tones you like. Once you do this experimenting you will probably be able to find which you personally prefer for the music you make.

It goes back to what inspires and helps you get their the quickest and the best way possible.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote