IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Arranging and recording in hybrid setups
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #8
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 63210
Thanked 1,264 Times in 931 Posts
Re: Arranging and recording in hybrid setups

@jbv: yeah, I'd prefer ITB mixing as well. Just gives me more tools to work with. The tricky thing is, though, that I'm limited in I/O channels. If I want to side chain my kick, for example, I can think of a few options: sample the kick and add it to a kit ITB; record separate audio track for kick only and process later, sample a few loops for kick only and process ITB. The drum part is actually the most straightforward, due to its repetitive nature. I'm leaning towards sampling loops and do the rest ITB.

The A4 has great Overbridge integration, so here I'm leaning towards a hybrid approach of program change and MIDI tracks for some of the tracks on the A4.

The Octatrack will be more heavily involve real time interactions, as would be the case for FX OTB.

It's all a big step up in complexity.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote