IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Guitar/Bass Amps - roll call.
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #12
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760
Re: Guitar/Bass Amps - roll call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
I have been using guitar rig live. Split w a 1x12 combo amp. At this point in tr game shows have been 2 dudes w guitars and 2 laptops.

I'm moving toward a full band setup. Drums on stage means I want to match stage volume-wise. Plus when it gets heavy I want it to move serious air. In the past we would bring out additional PA for the drums and bass coming from the computer, 2 double 15" cabs w a horn for either side of the stage.

I want this project loud. Like, dumb loud live. If you've seen My Bloody valentine, or Torche or The Swans live you'll get what I'm hinting at... Which it has been in the past but I'm taking a new approach.
gotcha. makes sense. i can't really contribute much here, since i haven't played live in about a decade and sold all my amps and went fully ITB. but going by what you wrote and the bands you listed, the immediate thing that comes to mind is

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote