IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Glitch techniques
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 09:21 PM   #16
ILikeHorses
Granular Poster
ILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810
Re: Glitch techniques

Hmm well...
Let's say i get a drum loop and do the usual FL's piano roll "glitching" first. basically, split the loop in Fruity splicer or slicex, Using CRTL + U to split some notes and then messing with their panning and Pitch like here :
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Then i'll lay it down in the playlist, more arranging to come. As you know you can cut up the clips and switch it around so i do it

Code:

Then i'll route it to the mixer and that's where the fun begins
I'll usually drop one GrossBeat or any other glitch plugin and automate the parameters

Code:
You can go apeshit with the automations because they'll control the internal grossbeat "preset" changer through various presets and it will Gate/Glitch/Stutter your sound even more randomly.

Code:
You can drop effects separatedly and automate them aswell, will be a nice weapon but i tend to use dblue glitch, turnado, or effectrix and automate their "On/OFF" slot in the mixer

Code:
The automation in squares will turn it on and off and the effects will only activate when you make them do it.

Code:
Now you get something sounding like this :

https://clyp.it/k523kbfn

Record the loop, and drop it yet again in another slicex/fruityslicer, copy the previous midi from the other glitched drum loop if you want and tweak from there, play with the same stuff in the piano roll as you did in the first one. you'll get even crazier glitched sounds.

Code:
Route it to a new channel or the one you routed the first loop to, change the automation in the playlist to glitch it even more. Do the same you did with the first loop and slice up the pattern clip to make use of the glitched midi you did in the piano roll. do some changes in the automation if you want and thats it.

Code:

From there is endless bouncing/glitching if you want. Automate separated effects if you want like Reverb, vocoder, chorus, flanger etc etc and you'll get crazy stuff sounding like this :

https://clyp.it/byba5lhp

You can do it with anything you want, not drums only, but go easy on it since some sounds might not surprise you with a lot of glitching.

Last edited by ILikeHorses; 11-05-2016 at 09:28 PM..
ILikeHorses is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote