IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - [SynthPop-Instrumental] Daggit - Hard Candy
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #10
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560
Re: [SynthPop-Instrumental] Daggit - Hard Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyashi Sound View Post
Interesting stuff. I especially like the mix of different drum styles and sounds. Old-school eclecticism maybe?

One critical comment maybe, that it feels almost like you've made a rule about always having at least one synth going. That's just a style choice I suppose, but I don't think you have to fear using the drums on their own for some periods. In fact I'd love to hear some more of your drum programming up front Thanks.
Thanks for the idea of leaving out the synths in some parts.
I don't have any rules about keeping synths going, it's just that the way I compose layer upon layer and then arrange, sometimes I forget about other ways of doing things. I'm glad you mentioned this.

My drum programming is getting better, but I still tend to have some issues with it. But I will try. A few of my tunes turned out really well for drums. I'm a slow learner.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote