IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - [JAWM] VDB- messy mix o stuff!
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538530
Thanked 6,952 Times in 4,946 Posts
Re: [JAWM] VDB- messy mix o stuff!

#1. Bass line is easily my favorite part of the track, but I dig it as a whole and think everything works well. The melodic motifs are nice as well.

#2. I like that it isn't straight four to the floor the whole tune with the kick. There are some breaky parts. I love the tape stop sounds. I'm not sure about the high tom/disco laser. I like the groove of the element, but the sound it self feels out of place some how. Maybe if it were dirtied up a little bit? That is a minor point really. There is a lot of cool incidental percussive nights now and again I like. Those mechanical crank sounds. The break down 2/3 the way through is very nice. Really like where/how the bass comes back in. Is there a change up in the bass notes? It sounds slightly different faster/funkier.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
jbvdb493 (19-01-2016)