IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - QAWM 2015
Thread: QAWM 2015
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #8
JMagee
Ghostly
JMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MC
Kentucky
MC Status: 14710
Re: QAWM 2015

So I've been thinking about what to do for QAWM. It might be bigger than QAWM but I need something to light a fire under my ass. I've been thinking about building a group with electronics but I also want it to sound like a band. I've been thinking about ways to create visuals for this whole thing as well; it needs to be an all immersive experience.

I've been thinking about ways to create jams that are sequenced but can also be loose - bands turn on a dime - so how to get that looseness yet with obviously quantized/synthesized/sequenced parts. At the moment in terms of personnel and instrumentation I have myself playing some bass guitar, a drummer, a keyboard player, and guitars with doubling on Tenor Sax and another double decks. I'm leaving my upright at home in favor of free hands and being free of feedback but I'll survive. I've been thinking light percussion sounds (going to try and stay away from drum kits since there'll be a drummer) and to sequence pads with the Blofeld. Essentially just try and create a blueprint for improvisation out of the sequences.

But I guess here's the question I don't really know yet - should the music be written with visuals in mind? And what's the best way to go about it? I noticed Critter&Guitari makes some neat little video synths and of course I'm aware of video mixers but I really have no idea how to go about it. It seems like the video can influence the music but it could get weird. Is there decent software available for this sort of thing?

------------------
JMagee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote