IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Getting a new laptop
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
TheIlladelph
Soundscaper
TheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MC
Boulder, CO
MC Status: 236874
Re: Getting a new laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertia View Post
The i3 and 4 GiB RAM wil already be a huge improvement but the extra cash for an i5 and double RAM might be worth it. It depends on how long you plan to use this laptop, you used your previous one for 7 years, so it might be worth investing a bit more for the next one? 8 GiB RAM and an i5 are definitely more future-proof.

You could also go for the i3 and upgrade the RAM yourself to 8 GiB, might save some cash.
Also consider getting a small SSD (now or later), that's also a huge performance boost.
Thanks. I guess that's another thing to consider. This is more of a short term thing.

Maybe I will get the 4gb ram and see how it runs and upgrade to 6-8 if need be. I just hope the i3 will keep up.

Sorry for typos in the original post. That damn autocorrect

------------------
TheIlladelph is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote