IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - PD installation with motion sensors concept.
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010
Re: PD installation with motion sensors concept.

If you aren't shy of setting up some electronics yourself, I would suggest you to check out the Arduino boards.

Arduino is a collection of open-source microcontrollers, they all support the same (rather easy) Arduino software and have varying connection possibilities. They can be used to control a simple circuit at home up to controlling a whole art setup.
Because everything is completely open there is a lot of community support. There also seems to be some pure data stuff: http://playground.arduino.cc/Interfacing/PD

I'm planning on getting myself one of these in the near future and experiment with translating real world data into computer programs

It depends on what you'd like to do of course, if you don't feel ready setting up your own little electric circuits it might be too free.

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote