IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - First synth- what should I get???
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2017, 01:42 AM   #21
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760
Re: First synth- what should I get???

Majority of Moogs and Nords are going to be outside of your price range (with the exception of Mother 32, maybe Slim Phatty, or Nord Micro).

So we have the budget and the fact you want something physical. Do you care if it's analog or digital? Monophonic or polyphonic? With keyboard or rack version? Do you want lots of knobs and sliders or are you ok with menu diving? Are you looking for a particular sound or style? Or are you trying to learn synthesis more in-depth, but with something physical you can touch?

Under 500, your options are: Microbrute, Minibrute, Monologue, Minilogue, MS-20 mini, Microkorg, Bass Staion II, Mininova, JD-Xi, Mopho keys, Micron, Ion, and if you are open to racks (and used), then also Virus A/B, MS2000R, Blofeld, Mopho, Mother 32. That's all I can think of off the top of my head and that should be easily obtainable new or used. Though I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting or are not aware of. And also ignoring all those digital synths from the 80s and 90s that would fit your budget, like DX7, D-10, JV-80, SQ2, etc, since I highly doubt you'd be interested in any of that.

Advertisements

iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote