IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - 2018 R.I.P. thread.
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #5
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,053 Posts
Re: 2018 R.I.P. thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
And thom I think I read that he travelled in more different types of craft than any other astronaut. I think it was like a half dozen from memory...
Not only that, but he pretty much test-flew that stuff too... Yeah, different rockets, the gemini capsule, the apollo command module, the LEM, the LEM+Command module (the two joined when docked is a completely different craft to fly), first to fly the Shuttle to orbit and back. .

Armstrong, Collins and Aldrin are remembered as the ones who went first but Apollo 10 (Young, Stafford, Cernan) was everything Apollo 11 was except for the landing. It was the ultimate test to shake the last bugs out so that 11 could go smoothly.

He truly is like... the greatest astronaut ever. Also he worked for the Nasa pretty much until his health made him stop.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote