IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Modular Synthesis -Where to Start?
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 06:32 AM   #1
calypsoB
Eternal Echoer
calypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improve
MC Status: -12411435
Modular Synthesis -Where to Start?

AHYYOWDY whats up everybody, its been a loooong time since my last post!
I have been building some pretty rad photography/videography timelapse material up and I want to start doing some ambient film scores. I still have 90% of the home studio I once had and a much faster computer, but I want to avoid doing so much ableton DAW stuff.

I enjoy watching/listening to Colin Benders and look mum no computer on youtube during my lunchbreaks lately and It dawned on me that back in my hardware synth days I did not pay much attention to modular synthesis. I really love how you can build a set of patches with no way to save/store your progress, moving on to a new groove means unplugging and starting over from scratch. I would really like to get into this but honestly Im not sure where people normally start. Dont get me wrong, I am by no means anti ableton, or whatever else I need to use to supplement missing components of a full modular workstation, but looking at these rigs, Richard Devine for instance, and you see some daunting shit out there on another level probably worth the value of a new families house. Im willing to shell out over time but I like to do my homework on stuff so that wont be a big deal, but can anyone recommend a good foundation unit to start with?

Advertisements

calypsoB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote