IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - 32 bit VS 64 bit : WHO WINS?!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #6
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Re: 32 bit VS 64 bit : WHO WINS?!

Well, objectively, it's obvious who wins here: 64 bit. You get more memory allocation (something absurd like 2 million GB of ram) and it feels more powerful, in my experience.

But there can be some issues with 64 bit. Some 32-bit plugins don't work properly on 64 bit software, causing crashes and not working as intended. When I converted from 32 bit to 64 bit, some of the plugins that I used never worked at all on the 64 bit version of FL. I ended up having to never use them ever again, which is kind of upsetting, and I had to re-design my template.

32 bit is sort of more stable but 64 bit is more powerful. However, as Joem stated, more and more developers are pushing forward towards 64 bit so plugins will be more stable in the future (except for plugins that aren't supported anymore).

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Narukami Music
Nystagmus (21-02-2017)